Firework season is now upon us and it can be a stressful time for our pets. Here are our top five tips on how to keep your dogs feeling as safe and happy as possible.
1. Walk your dogs nice and early, getting them back home in the daylight. Get them well exercised so that they are tired and ready to settle down when they get back.
2. Close the curtains so that your dogs don’t see all of those strange colours whizzing around in the sky.
3. Have a TV or radio on at a good volume (without annoying the neighbours!) to drown out the loud banging.
4. Give your dog somewhere quiet and safe they can go in a nice, quiet corner. Fireworks night tends to be a sociable time for us humans so make sure that quiet place is away from the hustle and bustle of visitors too.
5. Chewing helps our dogs to feel relaxed so get them an extra special treat that will last a good few hours. Stag bars, bones, raw hide chews and stuffed Kongs work a treat.