Walk with Confidence is designed to help you and your dog build confidence by understanding your dog’s body language and apply practical training in the real world.
Suitable for dogs over 4 months old and working in small groups of no more than 8, we will venture on a woodland walk covering everyday situations.
Time and Location
This course is run across 2 x 1 hour sessions. Locations of each of the courses can be found on the maps below.
Burghfield weekend courses start at 9am.
Burghfield Tuesday courses start at 6pm.
All Caversham courses start at 11.30am.
Both of our course locations have ample parking, but are also easily accessible on public transport.
- For Burghfield, both the 2 and 2a buses travel along the Reading Road and the course is a short 5 minute walk from the bus stop near Tesco Express.
- For Caversham, both the 23 and 28 buses travel along Caversham Park Road which is where we train.
- General walking etiquette
- Walking your dog with distractions
- Recalling them back to you
- Road side manners
- Waiting with distractions
- Control around other dogs
- Walking through a gateway politely
- Stopping your dog when they want to chase
- Understanding your dog’s body language
For this course, you will need:
- A fixed collar and lead – no choke, half check collars or slip leads. Harnesses are also accepted.
- If your dog does not yet have a reliable recall, please also bring a training line too.
- You will need to bring along plenty of treats as all training will be reward based.
- Poo bags.
- Suitable footwear and clothing for a woodland walk.
These sessions are only suitable for friendly dogs. If you have any questions regarding the suitability of your dog, please contact us before booking a place. Also, see our FAQs to help answer other questions you may have.